Start Main Content.
JILPT Information on Foreign Researcher Invitation Program for FY2013
The Japan Institute for Labour Policy and Training (JILPT)
Information on Foreign Researcher Invitation Program for FY2013
The application for FY2013 Invitation program has been closed.
Please visit us again.
Against the background of economic and social globalization and recent drastic changes in international situation, research and studies of labor policies from an international perspective are essential. In such situation, this program aims to contribute to Japanese labor policies by inviting foreign researchers to Japan in order to develop a network with foreign researchers and research institutes on common labor issues and to promote mutual exchange and utilization of research results. The invitation program will be conducted effectively and efficiently with a special consideration to the relevancy with our research projects on labor policies and to an appropriate evaluation of significance to future implementation of research and studies on labor policies.
Term of Invitation: within 1 year: from April 1, 2013 to March 31, 2014
Expenses: Travel, living and other expenses will be covered.
Requirements - Applicants are requested to:
1) contribute to JILPT's research activities,
2) conduct research on Japanese labor policies or other labor issues,
3) select a theme that falls under any of JILPT research projects,
(for additional information, please refer to following application process)
4) submit a research report to the JILPT at the end of the stay,
(click here for the research reports submitted by past visiting researchers)
5) be affiliated with a labor research institute or university in foreign countries,
outside of Japan (excluding graduate students),
6) possess an adequate command of Japanese or English,
7) conduct research and remain with the JILPT, and
8) be in good health to carry out and complete intended studies.
For more details, please refer to:
Application Process for the Foreign Researcher Invitation Program (71KB) (28KB)
Application Form for the Foreign Researcher Invitation Program (240KB) (75KB)
International Affairs Department, The Japan Institute for Labour Policy and Training
Tel: +81-3-5903-6313 Fax: +81-3-3594-1113
4-8-23 Kamishakujii, Nerima-ku, Tokyo 177-8502, Japan